Currently a ministry of Diving Mercy Parish, Sacred Heart School opened its doors in 1902 as part of Sacred Heart Parish. Reverend F. J. Haarth, Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, started the school with 56 students and a staff of Franciscan Sisters from Joliet. In 1909, the school had a total of 85 students and a graduating eighth grade class of 9 students.
6th and 7th grades in 1903
The original school building was torn down, and in 1952 doors on the new building were opened to students. Monsignor Hillenbrand, pastor at that time, wrote to parishioners, "Children are the most important charges of a parish because their lives are just unfolding for them. The school that educates them is most important because they are."
Sacred Heart School has been blessed to educate the "hearts and minds" of generations of families.